Friday, January 16, 2009

stone-faced angels

as i close and open...
alive and broken..
my people turn on me
they hail it stupidity..

the actions i take
because i can't refuse
and deny and push
these unnerving images.

of the laughter, the smiles.
like hello's and goodbyes.
they haunt me non-stop
its not easy.

they talk as if they
know how it used to be like
when she used to be bonnie
and i was her clyde

but why do i dwell
foolishly on these thoughts
when i know that it will never
be the same as those days

she does not need me
she does not care
she does not call me
she's never there.

its always been me.
lunatic and part-martyr.
after a few days of stray
find myself thirst for her.

but it can't be the case.
or i'll fail myself further.
i must set sail.
and push my heart harder.

to cage itself in.
to forget her and flee.
from the feelings and emotions.
that i feel within me.

but what if they are right
and they aren't against me.
maybe God sent them here
to help set my heart free.

but why be so brutal?
why not share my sorrow
i feel strong and better now.
will it be the same tomorrow?

they will be there like braces
to hold me up when im weak
beautiful and cold
like empty spaces
my own stone faced angels



No comments: