Friday, August 14, 2009

A/C FIX?




check this -- pepboys quoted me a $55 inspection on the A/C, and depending on the year model of the car, $150-200 for the fix. this was yesterday. it was 6:00 pm when i got there, and they only accepts those type of jobs at 5:00 pm at the latest. they asked me to come by today, instead.

well i guess it all happened for reason. i came home last night, pissed off at the idea of paying $255 for a bloody A/C fix. what did JC do? he drove to autozone, and bought two cans:




i used the super seal first, hopefully it sealed any leaks in my A/C system, followed by the freon R-134a refrigerant. the instructions were a walk in the park, i just hope i did everything correctly. car did get cooler, and this morning it stayed cool. guys i hope this was a permanent fix. if this does work out, it is my first successful Do it Yourself fix to my car.
next week i'm shopping for my struts/shocks&springs for my car's suspension. i'm planning on installing those on my own, too.
there's a whole kit at autozone that i want to pick up by the way. 60 dollars for the duralast 5-pc. 2-ton jack kit

No comments: