Monday, August 31, 2009

for my mother.

Matriarch

Wise words that hit home when she tries to prove a point,

No one does it any better than my own mother.

Strong and bold with a temper hot enough to light a joint,

Yet I’m proud that I get my confidence from her.

For this woman is like no other, with ambitions off the chart,

Fearless, smart, and pretty blunt, but she owns a big heart.

Always ready to stand up and fight for what she believes is right,

Her opponents cower in fear, unable to stand against her might.

Blessed with a sharp tongue capable of persuasion,

She keeps her children in check like a ruler of a nation.

A den mother – always alert to aid her cubs in need,

Gives advice valued even by a son who pays no heed.

No one dare take her place for she will forever be my queen,

And I, her son, will be her prince until I’m past nineteen.

For I will groom myself to succeed and be a king,

She taught me to be proud, be hardworking and to dream.

Mother, I know that I am a burden and a pain at times, I’m sorry.

I should be doing all I can to keep you from stress and worry.

So when I somehow fail and you feel like you’re about to cry –

Remember that I love you very much and that I try.

No comments: