Monday, March 16, 2009

beneath the waterfall

streaks and rays of light
shine upon the meadow
its dew faint but cool
at this silent hour of day

tall birches and oaks greet me
as i stroll by untrimmed grass
sparrow sings a familiar tune
i've heard it in my dreams

the rainbow's arc hits my position
i stare at its spectrum in awe
reminding me of a past love
that brightened my every second

the plateau appeals to me
from its edge i'd like to fly
forever fearless and free
like a seraphim from the heavens

another rainbow catches my eye
reflected by the light from crystal
product of the waterfall nearby
like a gateway to the unknown

i reach my hand through the surface
close my eyes in silent contemplation
through this thick ambience of melancholy
i still feel your presence nearby

No comments: