Tuesday, March 3, 2009

platonic attraction

you're quiet...
not a people-type of person..
but you could be if you like..
you can have fun on your own..
not the type to start off a conversation..

am i reading you right?

asks the admirable goddess
sitting next to me, elegantly
on a thursday afternoon
in east asian civ. 

i told her that she wasn't right
that i wasn't what she thought
she says, "maybe so".
melancholy and distraught

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

today i wanted to tell her.
why i thought she read me wrong.
the reasons behind my awkward mask.
was because of her, all along.

the truth is simple
i'm intimidated by her presence
it would shock her, for sure.
either she'd smile or take offense.

beauty, brains and personality.
she must be worth the world.
my highlight of the day.
God's Eden, unfurled.

it's clear to me she's taken
and that she's 3 years my senior.
but its platonic and not like that
took me a while to figure.

that she's great as a friend.
though we aren't that close.
she must be one of the nicest
and can rock out her clothes.

the best combo of style
are her eyes and that smile
didn't drop asian civ.
she makes the class worth the while.

No comments: